Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring is Almost Here & So is Baby G!

One of the best and special baby showers I've been to was my friends, Jennifer and Nathaniel's baby shower.  Not only are they very close to me like family, but also because they are having their first baby and everyone of their family and friends are very excited and happy to  shower the baby with love and blessings!

The couple is expecting a baby girl in about a month and Mommy-to-be is not quite a fan of the color pink.  Therefore, I created this colorful, spring-themed baby shower cake for this special event.  

Everything on this cake are hand-crafted and edible except for the heart-shaped crystals on the package.  I love how they glitter, it emphasizes how precious the package is.   The stork is made of Rice Krispies and covered with marshmallow fondant.  Flowers, lady bugs, bumble bees and butterflies are all made of sugar gumpastes and hand-painted with edible gel colors.  

I must admit, this is one of the most time consuming cakes I've ever done but I truly enjoyed creating and designing every bit of it.  

Congratulations Nat & Jen!  


No comments:

Post a Comment