Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tiffany Bloom



     A two-tiered cake covered in marshmallow fondant, with a hint of almond extract.  The cake itself is red velvet with cream cheese filling, my favorite!  The cakes measure 6" x 4" and 8" x 4".  I used straw dowels to support the weight of the upper tier.    This was my first tiered cake and so I was indecisive in the beginning on how to decorate it.  With so many beautiful cake designs I'd like to try,  I finally decided to do my own and use the new flower cutter I bought months ago.  I used three layers of the medium cut flowers for the bottom seam, two layers  of the smaller ones on the top seam and used the large cut flowers for the topper, then adorned it with edible pearls.  I could do better with my ribbon, but overall, I am happy with it.  I can't wait to do my next cake project! :)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment