Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Favorite Things

February 13th was my friend, Jennifer's birthday.  She and I share a lot of things in common, especially our love for food.  Wines & crabs would be at the top of our list of "Favorite Things".  
She and her husband are expecting a baby soon!  Their families and friends are very excited about it especially that this is their first baby.  When they found out that she's pregnant, she was put on a NO WINE and NO SEAFOOD diet, which her husband STRICTLY enforced.  She's the only person I know who could eat crabs for hours until she passes out.  So just imagine how painful it was for her to see my photo at  Joe's Crab Shack (holding a big claw of a king crab) that I posted online! Of course she  commented, "Thanks a lot Liv...!"  Last Super Bowl event, we had dinner at their place and decided to open a bottle of wine.  That was a torture for her!  All she could do was to sniff the bottle  and drink her coconut juice.  Hahaha!  I felt a bit sorry that she couldn't have any, but what the heck, it was a good wine! 

And so I thought it would be so perfect to create a Crab & Wine cake for her birthday!  Hmmm... I wonder what she wished for... :)  They're not real  but at least she can eat them! :)  

Happy Birthday, Jennifer!!!





The crab and wine are all made of rice krispies with marshmallows and covered with fondant.  Inside is a chocolate cake filled with chocolate pudding.  The wooden barrel is edible and is made of fondant & gumpaste, hand sculpted, carved and hand painted with edible gel colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment