Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pretty in Pink



Yesterday was my friend Charmaine's surprise baby shower that took place at her in-law's residence in Piscataway, New Jersey.   Her sister, Noreen, informed me about the surprise shower about a month ago and so I volunteered to create and design a cake for the occasion.  They are expecting a baby girl and so the color themes are pink and brown.   I browsed through my cake collections and decided to apply some of the new design techniques I learned from Elaine MacGregor's tutorials, particularly the ribbon insertion on fondant and of course a fellow Filipina cake decorator, Mayen, on making a baby carriage.  Following the basic techniques, I incorporated my own design in this creation.  I also added some cute cupcakes to complement the main cake.  

This baby carriage cake was made of a moist chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream filling, covered with marshmallow fondant.




These cupcakes which I really adore are also made of moist chocolate  with vanilla cream custard filling. 





The baby shower turned out to be very successful, not to mention the wide delicious spread of food that everyone brought and prepared.  The  hospitality and humor from both sides of their families just completed this heart-warming and love-filled occasion.  Congratulations, James and Charmaine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment